It is only one game. Is it an aberration? Only time will tell. But, there are lots of questions raised - particularly, in order...
1. Tyler O'Conner. He played AWFUL. Andrew Maxwell-awful. What took the cake was when he rolled right from pressure and did not see Donnie Corley FREE to the end zone on a post route (the other 75,000 people saw it), and instead checked down and threw a terrible INT in the short flat. The ES threw up watching that.
2. Tyler O'Conner. OK, he deserves multiple mentions. ES thought improvement - but his play vs. a redshirt freshman was embarrassing. Can't find your tight ends? Jesus
3. Dave Warner. Worst game he called since... the Cotton Bowl. Poor opportunities to throw the ball downfield. Poor running plays - not enough trap blocking to open holes; Wisky made it tough, don't get me wrong... but lack of inspiration on the offensive line. They looked lethargic.
4. Defensive line. Where were they? Hardly any pass rush on their frosh QB? Give me a break.
5. MISTAKES!!!! Spotting Wisky 20 points off turnovers (60-yard fumble return, fumbled punt at the 5 y/l, O'Conner INT at MSU 30 y/l... ugh). You just can't do that.
6. Wisky 7-16 on 3rd downs, a diaper-dandy (Horney-brook)16-for-26 passing????
|Stripe out was tres cool. The Spartans were ice cold. Sucked. |