"Let's get on with the story. Michigan State has a good case for BCS selection, and here's why:
- The Spartans won a share of the Big Ten title for the first time since 1990 and claimed a team-record 11 victories.
- Judging by the BCS standings, the Spartans have the best win among the Big Ten leaders, a 34-24 triumph against Wisconsin on Oct. 2.
- The Spartans are the only team out of the three that hasn't lost to one of the other two.
- The Spartans have played the nation's 38th toughest schedule based on cumulative opposition. Ohio State's schedule ranks 54th, while Wisconsin's ranks 66th.
- The Spartans have eight wins against bowl-eligible teams, more than both Ohio State (6) and Wisconsin (4).
- Michigan State received the highest TV rating among Big Ten teams for games played on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2. It's only fair to point out that the Spartans got a major boost from their Sept. 18 double-overtime thriller against Notre Dame, a reliable ratings grabber.
MICHIGAN STATE TO THE BCS. You Orange/Sugar bowl leaders think we won't travel? I'll be there, and I have a PhD to complete and four college classes to teach. But I wuz at the 1988 Rose Bowl and I'll make it this year. So will 40,000 more of the Spartan Nation, damn straight!
Screw Ohio State - they have been to the damn BCS a zillion times - now we actually have a shot, have the best record among the three Big Ten champs, and get zilch? T'ain't fair.