#13/13 Michigan State Spartans (9-1, 6-0) at Northwestern Wildcats (4-6, 0-6)
Time: 12 pm ET
Location: Evanston, Illinois
Weather: 25 and cloudy, BRUTALLY COLD
Line: MSU by7
- BTB.com: Merriman, MSU 38-10; Bardo, MSU 35-10; Dienhart, MSU 37-20; Yarina, MSU 38-13
- CFN/Scout.com: MSU 20-13
- LakeThePosts.com (Chicago): LTP - MSU 23-10; PRR - NW 21-20; KV - MSU 21-16
- WNUR Sports (Chicago): of 15 pundits, 12 pick MSU to 3 for NW.
- Chicago Tribune: Greenstein, MSU
- Freep: Rexrode, MSU 20-13; Sharp, MSU 34-10; Seidel, MSU 28-21
- DetNews: Wojo: MSU 20-10
- CBSSports.com: Feldman: MSU 17-3; five of six pick MSU
- ESPN.com: Bennett, MSU, 20-10; Rittenberg, MSU 23-16
- Prediction Tracker: MSU by 10.27
- Athlon: Gall, MSU 31-13; Light, MSU 20-7; Lassan, MSU 27-10; Fox, MSU 28-7
- Mlive.com: MSU 20-10.
- RantSports: MSU 31-14
- SportsCapping.com: MSU 34-20
It will be a cold, windy, miserable day in Chicago. This will be one time the Spartans will absolutely roll. A struggling Northwestern offense against such a stellar defense the likes that the Wildcats have yet to face this year. Against this defense, that spread shit ain't worth a lick: ask Devin Gardner. The Cats won't know what hit them in the face. Watch for HUGE games from Calhoun, Bullough, and Dennard. Also, don't be surprised at a Denicos Allen backside hit for a fumble-TD recovery. At the worst of the Spartan offense, when in doubt, punt it with the nation's best in Mike Sadler and give NW the long field against this crazy-good Spartan defense. Time, and time, and time again... as MSU did to Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Nebraska... etc.
The NW defense has played fine... when given the chance. In this game, they'll have no chance, and will be forced to stop a surging Spartan OL, giving Spartan QB Cook protection and a better run game in support. Sorry, this one is just a BAD matchup for Northwestern. It'll be a whooping, much like the Michigan game.
Michigan State 31, Northwestern 3.