"I am here for life at MSU." Izzo Press Confernece 8:30 EST. The Enlightened Spartan: "I am here for life at MSU." Izzo Press Confernece 8:30 EST.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"I am here for life at MSU." Izzo Press Confernece 8:30 EST.

Tom Izzo Stays at Michigan State.

Press conference to be on Big Ten Network, scheduled 8:30 pm EST.

Comments from Izzo. My God, he is a GEM.

"...this opportunity was uniquely intriguing. There was a lot of information to gather and consider and some of it wasn't easily obtainable. But when making a life decision, I owed it to myself and my family to do my due diligence. From that I never wavered. And I'm pleased to say I am here for life at Michigan State.

"We have a great team returning next year with incredibly high goals. I've repeatedly said I have greater goals for our program and that remains unchanged. Tops on that list is becoming one of just seven schools with three or more NCAA Championships. I'm also driven to continue to raise the perception of our program to an elite level.

"The entire Michigan State community has been terrific. I'm almost embarrassed by some of the acts of support, but I'm certainly touched. I tried to approach this decision in a rational manner, but my heart was always at MSU.

"My goals are not limited to Spartan basketball. I want to do whatever I can to make our entire athletic department and university better. Most important is helping Mark Dantonio and his football team attain its goal of winning a Big Ten Championship and playing in the Rose Bowl.""

Michigan State President Lou Anna K. Simon:


""I personally want to thank the many people who expressed their faith in and support of Tom through spontaneous grassroots appeals. I also want to acknowledge the great leadership of Mark Hollis throughout the process.

""Tom's integral role and respect at MSU earned him the right to take the necessary time to reach his decision. Like others, I wanted the good news earlier, but the wait was worth it. Tom did what Tom does best: he devised a rigorous and thorough game plan that put him, his family, and this university in the best position to win. His decision is a winner for all of Team MSU, the state of Michigan, college basketball, and intercollegiate athletics in general.""

No comments:

Post a Comment